Thursday, June 30, 2011

Top of the day to ya!

Well... we made it!  The plane ride from Washington D.C. to London Heathrow was about 7 hours.  It was really pretty uneventful and we were able to catch a couple of zzzz after dinner before arriving in London at 12am Tulsa time and 6am London time. For those of you who know me well, you can imagine my difficulty in functioning on little sleep.  We were strongly advised to stay awake after arriving to counteract jet lag.


Although we have both traveled outside the country, we had not actually been through a "true" customs experience. Our passports had never been stamped until Wednesday. :) It was cool to be asked questions by the customs official and to acquire a stamp! It took FOREVER to go through the line though... at least 45 minutes and maybe more like an hour. I could barely hold my eyes open as we waited.

Once through customs, we meandered through the airport to find something to drink. I have never been so thirsty in all of my life! Kelly was THRILLED to find iced tea at Costa in the airport. I must say though, it was pre-sweetened and had a lemon flavor... not the best but it worked at the time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment