Saturday, January 21, 2012

Freebie and more from our Antarctica/ Penguin/Winter Unit!

How was your week? Why is it that 4 day weeks are always way crazier than 5 day weeks? Wowzers! It was a busy one! J

I worked really hard to finish my “Mini Unit on The Mitten”. I managed to post it Thursday night and made a freebie to share! I am a huge fan of graphic organizers and I love Venns a bunch!


We have been continuing our Penguin/Antarctica Unit. This week, students made a winter words book (from my unit). Here are a couple of student examples
 


We worked in our Penguins Journals. We use them separate and apart from our “regular journals”. In our thematic journals, we write about our vocabulary word of the day. During this time, students are integrating science (or social studies, depending on the unit) with writing. We have been working a lot on conventions in writing. We are excited that our kiddos are beginning to make periods, finger spaces between words and starting sentences with an uppercase letter into writing habits.


Penguins keep warm in a crèche.

 Penguins toboggan fast.


Penguins can slide on their bellies.
I hope your weekend is off to a good start! I am taking a break from creating curriculum for the rest of the weekend. I love it but I love my family more. J Hug those you love and tell them how much you love them. Kelly and I both received several reminders this week about how fragile life is. It is truly a BLINK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment